Job opportunity – Technical QC Production Manager
TISS – the world’s leading authority on fuel security and safety, is looking for fresh talent to join its workforce.
Job: Technical QC Production Manager
We are a market-leading manufacturer of specialist fuel security and safety solutions for the Commercial Vehicle Industry. A truly global organization, we export to 60+ territories, have key offices established in 4 countries and supply our solutions to a number of Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM).
To enable has to grow, we are looking for an experienced Technical QC Production Manager to manage our team including all aspects of our assembly, engineering , sales, marketing and quality control. Additionally, the successful candidate will assist the Technical Director with the establishment and development of our R & D Centers in the UK, India, Mexico & South Africa offices respectively. The candidate will be mainly involved with R&D to promote growth, sustainability and job opportunity within the UK. Research in Energy and mining will be part of their job as to develop and see different minerals or metals that can be used to build the future products
As part of quality control, the successful candidate will inspect all manufactured products to ensure it complies with legal and manufacturing standards and meets both the company’s and customers’ expectations both in UK and South Africa.
A great Technical Manager is thorough and observant with an eye for detail. They must fully understand the requirements for our product or service and have a sense of responsibility towards our potential and existing customers as well as the competition.
- Support the Technical Director with all aspects of technical development including internal and external testing
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of IATF16949 quality standard
- Manage the company’s workshop including responsibility for all technicians and workshop staff
- Work closely with marketing
- Business development management and existing customers technical sales
- Devise, manage and review all product specifications and processes
- Ensure adherence to all health, safety and legal obligations
- Inspect final output and compare properties to requirements
- Keep accurate documentation and perform statistical analysis
- Solicit feedback from customers to assess whether their requirements are met
- Submit detailed reports to appropriate executives
- Assist with product assembly and dispatch when required
- Be able & willing to travel to South Africa to support the development of R&D center based at our South African office.
- Be able & willing to relocate to South Africa if needed to support the sister company.
- Be able to sell and be familiar with our products.
- Research in energy and mining will be part of the job as to develop and see different minerals or metals that can be used to build the future products to comply with improving CO2 and effects on the environment.
The ideal candidate
- Proven (10+ years) experience in a technical managerial position
- Proven (10+ years) experience in production planning
- A keen eye for detail and a results driven approach
- Excellent organisation, leadership and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience of implementing ISO and other quality standards and control procedures
- Have worked in either fuel, automotive or energy industries
- Proficient in MS Office and working knowledge of data analysis/statistical methods
- NVQ level 3 minimum
- Ideally proficient in Afrikaans and one African language.
- Ideally possess a good knowledge of the South African market and be familiar with South African customs, rules and legislations.
- Ideally familiar with our products
- Has experience in technical selling into major OEM and manufacture’s
- Ideally been involved with research and design.
Salary & Benefits:
The annual salary we are offering is £50 000 per year. We will be providing a commercial vehicle for use and a mobile phone.
The successful candidate will work 37.5 hours a week and will be required to travel to South Africa. Holiday entitlement is 25 days a year excluding bank holidays.
If you wish to apply Please email:
Kath.firstname.lastname@example.org before the 29/12/2019